Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Top 5 Ways to Reduce Problem Behavior in Children With Autism
If you have a kid who has actions reactions, it can keep you anxious for factors to try to quit the actions or decrease its strength. As a actions professional, I have discovered many sensitive techniques that help to decrease actions if it is already occurring. Without providing you too much terminology about ABC information, discovering features of actions, and creating actions involvement strategy, (which you should have a actions professional do), here are 5 strategies/consequences you can try when you are in the warm of the moment:
1. Neglect the Behavior. Please know that which indicates you are not to explain in words the actions that is occurring. If your kid is doing something risky to himself or others, you obviously have to intercede but you still do not have to highlight the real actions. This technique only performs if you know that your kid is doing this actions to get interest, even if the interest is adverse. You don't want to strengthen unsuitable actions, so neglect and then also try a technique below.
2. Re-direction. If your kid is a performing out, vocally or actually, you should divert her to another process or action. Instead of concentrating on the actions, concentrate on what you want her to do next.
3. Reduce Requirements. Sometimes, your kid becomes disappointed with the process at side and does not know how to ask for help, so instead, he features out. Reduced the requirements that are placed on him. This can consist of decreasing how long he has to be on process before he gets a crack. You may just have him work for one more instant. Limit the variety of concerns or provide support to finish the process together.
4. Reduce Pleasure. Often with kids with neurological handling conditions, the surroundings or establishing can be resulting in your kid to show habits. If the establishing is too noisy, has too many people, too many images, or is too lit up or too black, it may be overstimulating for her. Use headsets, a recommended system like an iPhone or iPad to sketch attention away her, or basically take a stroll outside or to a silent place. This may help you get through a journey to a eating place, household celebration, grocery shop, or shop.
5. Use a Soothing Down Method. It is essential to try to help your kid self-regulate and relaxed down before the actions gets worse to a risky scenario. Show him how to breathe deeply, times his arms to prevent hitting/punching, depend to a specific variety, near his sight, go for a stroll, etc. You can also try some neurological incorporation in your protocol like strong stress or mild damaging on the arms if your kid is settled by this.